I am an Adventurer of Life
I was born in Legaspi City and lived in Sta. Ana, Manila until 2nd year High School then moved to Mandaluyong City where I have led the adventure of my life: peddler, aguador, boatman, canteen helper, busboy, grocery attendant, construction worker, store clerk, band singer, office clerk, clown, party host, puppeteer, acting teacher, theater actor, assistant director, television actor, movie/film actor, bank employee, outbound sales representative, storyteller, facilitator, entrepreneur. It doesn't end there more adventures to come.
Kuya (Brother) Jay or Sir Jay fondly called by students been a storyteller since 2002 and has told more stories than all his toes and fingers can count.
Jay has performed for all types of venues such as schools, libraries, day care centers, book stores, museums, churches, government offices, birthday parties, restaurants, village clubhouse, malls, hotels, conferences, conventions, resorts, T.V. shows, radio programs, passenger ship, beach front, mausoleum, and many more, both for NGO's, Foundations, LGU's, Publishing Companies and Corporations.
Apart from these, Jay also exhibits his love for children and books through total wholesome entertainment, trivial questions and full of fun sessions.
"What better way of loving storybooks is there than bringing the stories to life through storytelling."
Jay is a freelance actor and has appeared in several TV programs since 1999 from different teleserye (television series) of ABS-CBN 2, PTV 4, GMA 7, IBC 13 with the bit role as doctor, businessman, attorney, etc. Jay has also appeared in a few local and international short films taking on interesting cameo roles that highlights his genius as an actor.
- ABS-CBN - Sa Puso Ko Iingatan Ka, Recuerdo de Amor, Vietnam Rose, Basta?t Kasama Kita, Maging Sino Ka Man, Walang Hanggan, Honesto, Sana Bukas Pa Ang Kahapon
- GMA7 - Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin, Muli, Sana Ay Ikaw Na Nga, Love to Love Sweet Exchange, Magpakailanman (The Samara Adajar Story), Darna, Now and Forever ? Agos, Now and Forever ? Linlang, Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap, My Only Love, Hiram Na Puso, Hindi Ka Na Mag-iisa, Kakambal ni Eliana,
- Other Network - K.K.K. Ang Pangarap Kong Jackpot
- Movies/Film - Super B, Till There Was You, Dekada 70, Kubeta, Diwata, Grave Mistake, Kamatis A Tomato Story, Kasal Teka Muna, Chika, Uwian.
- Theater/Stage Plays -? Burt Bacharach Songs, All You Need is Love - A Review of Beatles Love Songs (Trumpets Playshop); Elijah, A Love to Remember (The Redeemed Stage); Alex in Wonderland (Philmarts Theater Foundation); I Laugh You, North Diversion Road, Subtext, Begotten Anew, Lumabaylabay (Koine Theater Foundation)
- Band Singer - Peacemaker Band, The CAMPP
Started to facilitate workshops in 1999 to a theater group teaching Basic Acting for children, teens, adults. Then facilitated storytelling workshop to different regions from the north of Tuguegarao to down south of Sulu Provinces.
- He has been a certified Adarna House Inc. (biggest, largest Children?s books publisher in the Philippines ) storyteller / facilitator since 2004 and have handled storytelling workshops for most of Adarna House's partner NGO?s such as Insular Life Foundation, Chevron, Ortigas Foundation, MMLDC, Plan Philippines, Inc., Intervida, ICTSI Foundation and other Local Government Unit projects..
- Also a facilitator of Museo Pambata (Children's Museum) Foundation and to their partners particularly Synergeia Foundation, Inc.
- Resource Speaker for Sa Aklat Sisikat Foundation, ASPLI, Union Church of Manila, ADP Pharma, Metrobank Foundation, Unionbank, Landbank, Kaban ng Hiyas Congressional Library and many more
- Grand Finalist - 2006 Salaysayan PBBY Storytelling Contest
- Featured Storyteller - Inquirer Read Along, NBDB, PBBY, NLP & more
- Radio Guesting - Rated PG (WM Communications), DZRH
- Radio Guesting & Storytelling - Batang Radyo Batang May K (DZAR)
- Radio Storytelling - Wan Dey Isang Araw (DZAS)
- Radio (Live) Storytelling - Todo-Todo Walang Preno (DZMM)
- T.V. Guesting - Breakfast (Studio 23), Umagang Kayganda (ABS-CBN), Kapuso Mo Jessica Soho (GMA 7)
- Attended the 2008, 2011 & 2014 Singapore International Storytelling Festival
- Performance with Dianne Delas Casas - Award Winning Author/International Storyteller
- Phone Patch Interview by DTI's Ang Tipo Kong Negosyo, DWBR
- Volunteer Spotlight on July 2013 by FilCom Center in Waipahu, Hawaii
- Art of Filipino Storytelling Interview thru SKYPE by KIKU Network (Los Angeles, U.S.A.)
- Performed at Talk Story Camp on Tour in Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Performed at Filipino Community Center in Hawaii, U.S.A.
- Nominated as Ulirang Mandaleño (2014) by Metrobank Foundation
- Performed at PAP Community Foundation Changi-Simei Education Centre and Shaws Preschool in Singapore
- One of the International Storytellers at the 17th Iran International Storytelling Festival in Kermanshah, Iran
- Participated in the 29th Bay Area Storytelling Festival in Orinda, California USA.
- Participated as a Storyteller at the 12th Edition International Festival Morocco Tales.
- Storyteller at the 15th Sharjah International Narrator Forum (United Arab Emirates)